As there are many home treadmills on the market, some good and some bad, it can be hard to make a decision on which one is the best choice for you and your home fitness goals. Hopefully this ProForm 6.0 RT treadmill review will help you make an informed decision when it comes to picking out one of these pieces (if only an used one) of home exercise equipment.
ProForm have a long and established history of producing and marketing home exercise equipment in the form of not just treadmills, but also ellipticals, exercise bikes and strength training equipment and accessories. By choosing to buy a ProForm treadmill, such as the 6.0, you are buying from a brand with a long history and established presence in the marketplace. All of which can help ease your mind when clicking on the buy now button for what could be for most, a considerable purchase. Feel free to check our ProForm Treadmills dedicated page to get more informations about this treadmill manufacturer!
Features of the treadmill ProForm 6.0 RT
- 8 built-in workouts: if you ever find that running or walking on a treadmill can get a little bit repetitive, the eight built-in workout programs of the ProForm 6.0 should ensure that you never face a dull moment while striding your way to improved fitness and wellbeing. Some of the great workouts available here include running towards a calorie expenditure goal, setting a weight loss goal and a fat burning program. Being able to change the program you are following mid-workout or selecting a different program each time you use this great value folding treadmill allows you to keep motivated, increasing the chances of meeting your goals. Multiple built-in workouts are an essential feature of a good home treadmill and the 6.0 RT does not disappoint.
- QuickSpeed controls: these innovative and easy to use controls make changing your speed and the difficulty of your run mid-workout an easy proposition, allowing you to quickly customize your program and adjust your performance to suit your abilities, without having to switch your focus from running to navigating the main dashboard.
- Easy folding mechanism: the main benefit of having a folding treadmill is the space saving abilities it offers. The only problem is sometimes it can be a challenge to fold and unfold, negating the benefits of getting a treadmill of this type. Thankfully the ProForm 6.0 RT does not fall into this category and for a budget folding home running machine, it is very easy to transform into its upright position. This is a real relief as this simplicity isn’t always present with some of the other models on the market in the same price bracket.
- Space saving dimensions: even though this is a folding piece of home exercise equipment, it still needs to be small enough for those with limited space constraints. This is another area where this value for money treadmill excels. Measuring in at 70 by 33 inches when ready for use, the ProForm 6.0 RT should fit in most homes where available space is limited.
- LCD display: the easy to read and understand LCD makes using this running machine a straightforward process. The dashboard displays all the essential information you would expect from a good quality treadmill like this, including the distance travelled, incline level, pulse or heart rate, time elapsed and the number of calories burned.
- High maximum levels: whether you want to get in great shape by walking or running towards your goals, this ProForm treadmill is able to deliver; with a maximum speed of 10km and a maximum incline percentage of 10%, even the fittest runners should find a combination of speed and incline to push them to the edge of their abilities. While some machines more than twice the price of this folding treadmill might allow for an extra km in speed, 10km should be enough for most people exercising at home, especially combined with a few extra percent of incline.
- 18-by-50-inch running surface: while this isn’t going to set any records for belt size, it is enough for most users to get a comfortable workout in without sacrificing their form or running style. If you want a larger running surface you will have to pay more and give up additional space in your home, even for a folding treadmill. At the end of the day, the size of the running surface is an area you will have to comprise on when shopping for a treadmill if its space saving abilities are important to you along with an affordable price tag. While it’s not massive, the running surface of the ProForm 6.0 is of a fair size when considering its value price tag. However, those with long legs, or a particularly long stride might do better with a bigger running space, unless they plan to use this product for walking.
- 300 lb. maximum weight limit: for those weighing up to 300 lbs., this home fitness machine can safely accommodate them. While running full pelt at this weight might put some strain on the motor and the structure, for those looking for a budget home fitness solution they will not be disappointed.
Is the ProForm 6.0 RT Folding Treadmill Worth Buying?
When evaluating the ProForm 6.0 RT it is only fair to do so with one eye fixed on its low price tag. While this can’t compare with treadmills in the $1,000 price range, for its price it does what it sets out to do and that is deliver an affordable folding treadmill for home use.
Although this treadmill is sold for home assembly, it is pretty easy to put together and setup. The folding size isn’t as compact as some of the other more expensive models on the market. However, for the price you pay here, you are able to reduce the amount of space it takes up when not in use.
The meager warranty offered for this product should be a concern for heavy users who plan to run fast on this treadmill and push it to its limits. With parts and labor only covered for 90 days, buying this treadmill could pose a risk for some, at least those who plan to use it daily, near its maximum speed and incline limits.
However, if you want a compact home treadmill with efficient space saving abilities, that comes with a good range of features and is more than adequate for walking your way to improved fitness and wellbeing, the ProForm 6.0 RT folding treadmill should be on your shortlist.