If you’ve ever spent any time in a gym, using the cardiovascular equipment such as the treadmills and elliptical machines, Life Fitness is a brand you will probably be familiar with. Their commercial fitness equipment is featured in gyms all over the world, and this has helped them establish a name for themselves in the home fitness equipment marketplace.
While the home gym equipment from Life Fitness isn’t made to the same standard as their commercial grade equipment, which is understandable considering the differences in price, their knowledge and experience in the industry is passed on to the customer, just as you would expect. This means there are some cutting edge products to be found within their range of home fitness equipment. This Life Fitness T3 Treadmill Base review will establish whether this product is worthy of your consideration or if it deserves to be left on the shelf.
Why the Life Fitness T3 Treadmill Base?
As the name implies, this is a treadmill base. What does that mean, you might ask. Well, essential this is a fully functioning home treadmill but one on which the main control dashboard can be switched or taken out. The Go Treadmill console is the standard console device, but by pairing the T3 base with the more advanced Track Treadmill console, you can get access to a few more impressive features for the Life Fitness T3 exercise machine.
Features of the Life Fitness T3 Treadmill
When using the Go Treadmill console with this running machine the list of features is very impressive. Some of the highlights include:
- 3.0 Continuous Horsepower Motor (CHP): this is a pretty impressive motor output for a home treadmill and will keep you travelling at your chosen speed for as long as you can keep up the pace. An output of 3.0 CHP also explains the increase in top speed over some of its rivals.
- 12 mph Maximum Speed: thanks to the motor, the Life Fitness T3 tops out at 12 mph. While this should be enough for most home runners, combining it with the incline levels on offer should ensure even the most active of home trainers are put through their paces.
- 15% Maximum Incline Range: if you want to increase the difficulty of your powerwalking, or even running sessions, a reliable and large incline range is a must. Thankfully the T3 doesn’t disappoint in this department and with a 15% incline to play with, it should keep everybody happy, or at least pushed to their limits.
- Spacious 20 by 60 inch Running Surface: this is a long running surface by most standards, so those with long strides should be comfortably accommodated here. When combined with the high top speeds capable from this running machine, it should be possible to really improve your running abilities and fitness levels with regular use.
- FlexDeck System: this patented shock absorption system from Life Fitness is able to reduce the impact on your joints by nearly 30% when compared to other running machines on the market.
- Heart Rate Monitoring Systems: as this is a premium home treadmill, it is no surprise to see that it offers two distinct ways to monitor your heart rate while working out. You can either choose to use the included chest strap for continuous monitoring. Alternatively you can simply make use of the hand sensors for on demand readings. It is also compatible with some Polar heart rate monitors so if you already own one of these devices, you can take advantage of this neat feature.
If this wealth of excellent features isn’t enough for you, you can exchange the dashboard for the Track Treadmill console which gives you access to even more great functionality, although it does cost more. Some of the benefits of upgrading to the Track Treadmill console include all of the above list, plus:
- an extra workout program for even more challenging workouts to help push you towards your fitness and heath goals.
- Two more user profiles making it easier to share this treadmill with other users and still keep access to your personalized data and settings.
- Additional custom workouts allowing you to design your own programs and save them to the console.
- iPhone, iPod and iPad compatibility for in-exercise entertainment.
- Track your progress online with the LF Connect service.
Reduce Injury Risk with the T3 Home Treadmill
If you take your fitness seriously, and also strive to keep your joints in as good a condition as possible, the Life Fitness T3 Treadmill Base could be just the piece of home fitness equipment you are looking for. Thanks to the use of the patented FlexDeck Shock Absorption System, which acts as a shock absorber, the impact on your joints while exercising on this home running machine can be reduced by nearly 30%, when compared to regular products on the market today.
While the regular use of cheaper running machines can leave you exposed to joint damage and an increased risk of injury, the premium Life Fitness T3 Treadmill Base goes a long way towards ensuring your running career is a long and enjoyable one.
Final Thoughts on the Life Fitness T3 Treadmill
Being able to upgrade the dashboard console on the T3 is a nice touch. However, it would’ve been nicer to see the extra features like Apple product compatibility included as standard on the basic model, without the need to pay extra for the Track Treadmill console. Apart from that, the T3 does come with an excellent range of features with the standard Go Treadmill console in place so upgrading isn’t really necessary for all but the most feature hungry users.
The FlexDeck system from Life Fitness, which claims to reduce joint injury by nearly 30% can’t be overlooked either as knee and other joint injuries are common ailments that force many runners off the roads and treadmills each year.
The power output and top speed here is impressive and should be enough for beginners and seasoned runners alike, and the 15% incline rate makes it ideal for power walkers who to increase their fitness levels and endurance without increasing the speed.
Overall this is a high quality home treadmill that comes with a whole raft of useful features. While the Life Fitness brand name might command a higher price tag, sometimes buying from a well-known manufacturer can be reassuring, especially when making a high value purchase such as a quality home treadmill like the T3.